Most Wanted Hackers
Welcome To the World of MostWantedHacker…

Let the world know that hacking is not a crime so invite all your friends to join this forum...

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....
Most Wanted Hackers
Welcome To the World of MostWantedHacker…

Let the world know that hacking is not a crime so invite all your friends to join this forum...

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....
Most Wanted Hackers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Hackers Work? - What Tools They Use?, Learn Hacking To Prevent being Hacked, Indian Hackers , Ethical Hackers Forum, Indian Cyber Warriors

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» █►| ◕OFFICIAl◕| A Beginner's Guide To Hacking◄█
[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 8:19 pm by chaoske

» PREMIUM ACCOUNT USERNAME & PASSWORD
[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 3:40 pm by jmanish13

» Can someone help me please?
[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:00 pm by Coelus

» HI AM NEW HERE
[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 12:29 am by cyber-spider

» Serious Tumblr Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability can be used to Spread Worms
[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:24 am by greyhat

» Hello,I am new here
[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:10 pm by GOD_E2

» Ruby Programming Tutorials Playlist
[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:35 pm by Oo_iPhone

» Admin log in blocked
[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm by alessandro

» Latest Hacked Premium Accounts | Free Working Premium Accounts
[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:51 pm by wong gs

Affiliates
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Most Wanted Hackers on your social bookmarking website

[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CEH

[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms Empty
PostSubject: [Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms   [Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:42 pm

"The fact they targeted Tibetan activists is a strong indicator of official Chinese government involvement," said James A. Lewis, a former diplomat and expert in computer security who is a director and senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington. "A private Chinese hacker may go after economic data but not a political organization."

The person who used the alias, "scuhkr" - the researchers said in an interview that it could be shorthand for Sichuan University hacker - wrote articles about hacking, which were posted to online hacking forums and, in one case, recruited students to a computer network and defense research program at Sichuan University's Institute of Information Security in 2005, the report said.

The New York Times traced that alias to Mr. Gu. According to online records, Mr. Gu studied at Sichuan University from 2003 to 2006, when he wrote numerous articles about hacking under the names of "scuhkr" and Gu Kaiyuan. Those included a master's thesis about computer attacks and prevention strategies. The Times connected Mr. Gu to Tencent first through an online university forum, which listed where students found jobs, and then through a call to Tencent.

The attacks are technically similar to a spy operation known as the Shadow Network, which since 2009 has targeted the government of India and also pilfered a year's worth of the Dalai Lama's personal e-mails. Trend Micro's researchers found that the command-and-control servers directing the Shadow Network attacks also directed the espionage in its report.

"It suggested there may be a marketplace for freelance work - that this is not a 9-to-5 work environment," Mr. Stewart said. "It's a smart way to do business. If you are a country attacking a foreign government and you don't want it tied back, it would make sense to outsource the work to actors who can collect the data for you."

"This was not an individual attack that started and stopped," said Nart Villeneuve, a researcher that helped lead Trend Micro's efforts. "It's a continuous campaign that has been going on for a long time. There are constant compromises going on all time. These guys are busy and stay busy."

- NDtv
Back to top Go down

[Hacked] Former student from China hacked Indian Military Research Firms
Page 1 of 1